Following the departure of Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua from Azimio, rumors abounded that famed Kenyan musician Julius Owino aka Juliani had been recruited to a key position inside the Azimio-OKA alliance. According to rumours, the ‘Utawala’ hitmaker was set to join Azimio as Director of Entertainment.
Juliani, on the other hand, has recently broken his silence and addressed the rumors. The well-known rapper really dismissed the reports, claiming that they were fake.
“I would like to clarify that this has not been communicated to me formally or otherwise. Therefore I would like to confirm that I am not employed or affiliated with any political party in Kenya or beyond,” part of his statement read.
Being a renowned activist, Juliani however made it clear that he was ready to work with any political party or partners who would address the plight of the youths among other issues.
- Bishop Mwongela of the Catholic Diocese of Kitui Message as August Polls Approach
- Ruto Breaks Silence on the Leaked Audio Purporting that he Almost Slapped President Uhuru
- Ruto Takes a Swipe on President Uhuru Moments After Trashing his Manifesto
- President Uhuru Fires Shots at DP Ruto
- Meaning of ‘Tingiza Mti’ Slogan Used During Wajackoya’s Manifesto Launch
“My desired partner should be able to address the following issues.
1. Youth employment and empowerment.
2. Gender Equality and fight against Gender-Based Violence (GBV).
3. End extrajudicial killings and promote social justice especially for our young brothers and sisters in the slums.
4. A clear plan on environmental conservation, while addressing climate change” he said.