Mike Mbuvi Sonko, the former governor of Nairobi, has made threats to leave the Azimio–One Kenya Alliance after realizing that Raila Odinga, a former prime minister, is the person working to remove him from office.
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission has prohibited Sonko from running for office due to the dozen or so corruption cases that are currently pending against him. Sonko had intended to run for the seat of Mombasa Governor in August.
According to an exposé that was broadcast on NTV by Kennedy Muriithi on Sunday, Raila Odinga, who is also the leader of the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM), does not want Sonko to run for the top seat in Mombasa county because he is concerned that Sonko will defeat his candidate, Abdulswamad Sharif Nassir.
- Bishop Mwongela of the Catholic Diocese of Kitui Message as August Polls Approach
- Ruto Breaks Silence on the Leaked Audio Purporting that he Almost Slapped President Uhuru
- Ruto Takes a Swipe on President Uhuru Moments After Trashing his Manifesto
- President Uhuru Fires Shots at DP Ruto
- Meaning of ‘Tingiza Mti’ Slogan Used During Wajackoya’s Manifesto Launch
According to Muriithi, Raila is allegedly working covertly to ensure that Sonko, who is running for the seat using the Wiper Democratic Movement party, is removed from the political matrix in Mombasa.
In answer to Muriithi’s expose, Sonko replied “Kumbe kikulacho ki nguoni mwako na anayekufukuza hakuambii toka. Ni wewe mwenyewe uamue kutoka na wakiendelea kunidhulumu nitatoka”.