The Nairobi chapter of the Kenya National African Union (KANU) has made new demands of the Azimio One Kenya coalition party in regards to the Nairobi senatorial race before the general elections in August.
The party held a press conference in Nairobi on the 16th of June to urge Azimio flag bearer Raila Odinga and former vice president Kalonzo to back the KANU candidate for the Nairobi senator’s seat, John Ochoti.
- Bishop Mwongela of the Catholic Diocese of Kitui Message as August Polls Approach
- Ruto Breaks Silence on the Leaked Audio Purporting that he Almost Slapped President Uhuru
- Ruto Takes a Swipe on President Uhuru Moments After Trashing his Manifesto
- President Uhuru Fires Shots at DP Ruto
- Meaning of ‘Tingiza Mti’ Slogan Used During Wajackoya’s Manifesto Launch
The leaders, led by KANU’s senatorial candidate John Ochoti, have said that the politics in the Azimio coalition must have a democracy and that they will not make things easy for the ODM candidate Edwin Sifuna despite being marginalized.
They felt neglected and urged Kalonzo Musyoka to support John Ochoti’s candidacy in light of his friendship with senator Gideon Moi.
When asked about ODM candidate Edwin Sifuna, the leaders said, “KANU is focused on clinching the Nairobi senatorial seat and will never give a leeway to him.”
They also encouraged their party leader, Gideon Moi, to campaign for John Ochoti in Nairobi and told him not to be timid about doing so. Ochoti is the only candidate the party has in the city.