The Azimio-One Kenya Rally, which took place at the Gusii Stadium on Thursday, July 30th, was interrupted when a police officer threw a tear gas canister toward the audience while Martha Karua was addressing the crowd from the podium. A police officer has been detained for allegedly throwing a propane gas canister at the stadium.
According to a statement made by the police, the suspect is currently being grilled as investigations into the matter are ongoing.
Karua had the podium to address the rally staged at Kisii Stadium when the explosion occurred. She was made to leave the podium and make her way back to her car without saying goodbye to the supporters.
- Viral Photos Trending Online Taken During Voting Process
- Manyora Issues a Warning to Raila Over his Latest Remarks, Which Might Make him Lose to Ruto
- President Uhuru Responds to Ruto’s ‘usiue Watoto wangu’ Sentiment
- DCI Uncloak Gachagua, Exposes Close Associates Whom he Used to Launder Public Money
- Angry DP Ruto Derides President Uhuru, Unveils What Uhuru has Been Doing at Night
The crowd that had gathered at the stadium was forced to leave for safety, which caused chaos inside the stadium. According to unverified reports, the suspect was identified as Police Constable Josphat Makori of Kisii police station.According to a report from the National Police Service to the media by Police Spokesman Bruno Shioso has informed that “they have the full information that the person caught was a police officer and that tough measures will be taken in account of what transpired.