Deputy President William Ruto made a sensational claim that the Head of State was plotting to assassinate his political rivals ahead of the August 9 election. President Uhuru Kenyatta has responded to this claim. On Sunday, July 31, at the Jomo Kenyatta International Conference (JKI), Uhuru stated that he was not interested in carrying out a vendetta in his final days as a resident.
The Head of State read recent posts by Ruto and his associates claiming their lives were in danger due to political disagreements.
Uhuru said that it was pointless to take action against his rivals when leaving the office with little resources because he had endured insults for the previous three years.
- Viral Photos Trending Online Taken During Voting Process
- Manyora Issues a Warning to Raila Over his Latest Remarks, Which Might Make him Lose to Ruto
- President Uhuru Responds to Ruto’s ‘usiue Watoto wangu’ Sentiment
- DCI Uncloak Gachagua, Exposes Close Associates Whom he Used to Launder Public Money
- Angry DP Ruto Derides President Uhuru, Unveils What Uhuru has Been Doing at Night
“You’ve been insulting me for almost three years; has anyone reprimanded you? I worked for those three years; did I not have the capacity? Do you think I will have time to look for you now that I want to take control of the government and I only have a limited amount of power?” President Uhuru asked as he added, “Everyone has the right to run for office for anything they choose, including myself. There is no justification for insults, and if I respond to you because you have lied. There is no justification for telling people I want to kill you.”